- Who we are
- A quick word about children
- The personal information we collect about you
- How we store and use your personal information
- How we share your personal information and who we share it with
- International transfers Cookies
- Security Data Retention
- Your rights
- Third party sites
- Complaints, questions and suggestions
Who we are
Gweek Learning Limited is the data controller of the personal information that we collect from you. It is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 11902217), whose registered office is at 3rd Floor, 12 East Passage, London, EC1A 7LP.
A quick word about children
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised child under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you should not access and/or use the Site or any of our Apps.
The personal information we collect about you
When you access, browse and use the Site or the App (including when you submit personal information to us through any data entry fields) and where we provide Services to you, we will usually collect the following information from or about you:
- your name as given to us;
- your audio recordings you make for use of the Services,
- including the content of any such recordings;
- your video representation of yourself provided with your audio recordings;
- your e-mail address; and
- any e-mail communications, including attachments, which you send to us.
How we store and use your personal information:
Users of the Site, Apps and our Services
We collect, store and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to make the Site and Apps available to you; and
- to provide any Services that you request. Sometimes, our use of your personal information is for purposes which are ancillary to the provision of the Site, Apps and then Services, or which are desirable in order to make them operate more effectively. In those circumstances, we believe we have a legitimate interest in handling your personal information, and do not believe that this storage and use of your personal information will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.
The relevant circumstances are:
- administering the Site and Apps;
- keeping our websites, apps, products and IT systems secure;
- ensuring that our own processes, procedures and systems are as efficient as possible;
- analysing and enhancing the information that we collect;
- dealing with any queries or problems you may have in relation to your use of the Site, Apps or Services;
- providing communications and notifications in respect of the Site, Apps or Services;
- determining the effectiveness of any promotional campaigns and advertising we undertake; and
- where you have given us your consent, contacting you with products and services which we think may interest you.
In some, relatively limited, circumstances we need to handle your personal information in a certain way to be able to comply with our legal obligations – for example: if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies; if we need to demonstrate our compliance with applicable law; and for the purposes of compliance with any applicable laws in respect of our business and our provision of services.
We collect anonymised details about visitors to our Site for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
How we share your personal information and who we share it with
We will disclose information under the following circumstances:
- Services and Site usage information: When we share anonymous information generated by our Services with our customers.
- Third-party service providers: When we share information with third-party service companies for them to facilitate or to provide certain services on our behalf. This will include:
- IT infrastructure companies that facilitate our provision of the Site and/or Apps and Services to you, for example AWS and Google,
- IT support service providers; and
- other third-party service providers who track our customers’ use of the Site, Apps and the Services for us (for example, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site).
These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide the relevant services to us.
- Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified by email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of, as applicable, any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may provide temporary access to your personal information that we collect from you to third parties within the EU or to our group of companies outside of the EU / EEA in connection with the above purposes.
Where we provide temporary access to such third parties, we abide by the European Commission’s data protection clauses as our standard operating procedure. Our group of companies outside of the EU / EEA abide by the European Commission’s data protection clauses.
We will never store your personal data outside of the EU longer than necessary in connection with the above purposes, nor give access to any of your personal information to third party services who would not comply with the European Commission’s data protection clauses.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Site or Apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Such passwords should not be shared with anyone.
Your personal information will be retained in order to fulfil legitimate business interests and for the purposes of providing the requested service to you. This includes internal research and analysis to ensure that you receive the best learning experience. It will be deleted once it is no longer required for the purposes of providing the requested service to you, except where we need to keep any personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Please note that any financial information will be kept in accordance with local laws.
You can request to delete your account by contacting us at any time. Please bear in mind that, if you delete your account, all data associated with your account, including the recordings that you have uploaded and the usage data associated with those recordings, will be deleted and may not be recoverable. See “Your rights” below for more details.
If you opted in for marketing emails we’ll send you e-mails from time to time to inform you about new content or offers available at our website or in our app. You can always unsubscribe from these emails and we’ll never contact you by phone or any other means.
You’ll also receive transactional emails from us. These emails would always be triggered by your actions, informing you about new scores or other responses to events that you initiated. You cannot unsubscribe from these emails as this communication is required for us to provide you this service.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. If you would like further information in relation to these or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. You have the right to request that we:
- provide access to any personal information we hold about you;
- update any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any personal information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your personal information;
- prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- provide your personal information to a third-party provider of services;
- provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you (we will provide any information requested free of charge, although we may still charge a reasonable fee if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or repetitive); or
- consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within any time period required by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances.
If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
Third party sites
Complaints, questions and suggestions
If you have any complaints about our Site or services, please contact us at:
Address: 3rd Floor, 12 East Passage, London, EC1A 7LP
In the EEA, you may also make a complaint to our supervisory body for data protection matters (the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK) or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.